Favorite Scriptures for Pregnancy and Birth
Pregnancy is such an emotional time. You may be feeling excitement over the new baby. You might be experiencing anxiety over whether or not you are ready for this responsibility– financially, emotionally, or physically, or some combination of the three. You may be experiencing pure joy after conceiving, especially if your road to conception has been a long and difficult one. You may feel sadness over past losses and fear about your current pregnancy. You might be anxious and fearful of the upcoming birth. Maybe you are feeling all of these things at once and more. During all of my pregnancies, one thing I found to help me be calm and present and at peace was meditating on certain Bible verses. Those verses reminded me that I was not alone, that there was One who loved me and my baby more than I could fathom, One that would be with me and strengthen me in all circumstances. I have compiled here a simple list of twenty of those verse. I encourage you to print the list or write it in your journal and spend time reading and meditating and praying, Write the verses on notecards or ask friends and family to write a verse or two for you and hang them in your home and your birthing room where you can see them and be reminded not only of the verses and the comfort therein but also of your loved ones who care about you. May you find peace and comfort in your pregnancy and birth.
1. Philippians 4:6-7, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, make your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
2. 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
3. Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
4. Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
5. Psalm 22:9-10, "But You are He who took me out of the womb, You made me trust while at my mother's breasts. I was cast upon You from birth. From my mother's womb You have been my God."
6. James 1: 17, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation for shadow of turning."
7. Psalm 29:11, "The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.
8. Psalm 139:13-14, "For You formed my inward parts, You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are your works, and that my soul knows very well."